- Oscar 2021 winners have been announced this Sunday on 25th of April, 2021, broadcasted on television without a host after a delay of two consecutive months.
- The award ceremony this year turned out to be nothing extraordinary due to pandemic except that it was held in two in-person locations that is the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood and Union Station in downtown Los Angeles, and some overseas nominees participated from London and Paris as the many attendees tested positive prior to the event.
- With theaters across the country closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most of the movies were viewed on streaming services.
- Chloé Zhao became the first Chinese woman and the first woman of color to be awarded Best Director for her work on “Nomadland,” which also took Best Picture. It was her third film that had the budget less than $5 million and featuring a cast populated by non-professional actors — ranks as one of the most modest-sized movies to win Hollywood’s top honor.
- Zhao’s next film is believed to be Marvel’s “Eternals” that shall have a budget of approximately 40 times that of the film “Nomadland”.
- The best actor award went to Anthony Hopkins for his performance in the dementia drama “The Father.” However, the award was widely expected for handing over to Chadwick Boseman for his final performance in “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom.”
- For the first time ever, this year’s nominees were overwhelmingly seen in the home during a pandemic year that forced theaters to close and prompted radical change in Hollywood.
- Oscar was always protested and criticized for being “SoWhite”, which means it only favored White winners over the colored ones (races such as Blacks, Browns, Yellows, Asians, Hispanic, etc.)
- But to an unexpected surprise, Oscars 2021 witnessed more women and more actors of color nominated than ever before.
- To this, Steven Yeun of “Minari” became the first Asian American and Riz Ahmed of “Sound of Metal” the first Muslim to be nominated for Best Actor, though both lost to Anthony Hopkins, whose surprise win came for his work in “The Father.”
- Below given is the complete list of winners of Oscars 2021. Check the list to find your favorite actors, films, etc., winning over stage.
Complete list of Oscars 2021 winners:
|Best Director||Chloe Zhao for “Nomadland”|
|Best Actress||Frances McDormand from “Nomadland”|
|Best Actor||Anthony Hopkins from “The Father”|
|Best Supporting Actress||Youn Yuh-jung from “Minari”|
|Best Supporting Actor||Daniel Kaluuya from “Judas And The Black Messiah”|
|Best Original Screenplay||Promising Young Woman|
|Best Adapted Screenplay||The Father|
|Best Animated Feature Film||Soul|
|Best International Feature Film||Another Round|
|Best Original Score||Soul|
|Best Original Song||Fight for You from “Judas And the Black Messiah”|
|Best Documentary Feature||My Octopus Teacher|
|Best Documentary Short||Colette|
|Best Live Action Short||Two Distant Strangers|
|Best Animated Short||If Anything Happens, I Love You|
|Best Sound||Sound of Metal|
|Best Production Design||Mank|
|Best Makeup and Hair||Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom|
|Best Costume Design||Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom|
|Best Film Editing||Sound of Metal|
|Best Visual Effects||Tenet|
|Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award||Tyler Perry|