Apply California Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP):
- Visit the DMV official website.
- Select your nearest DMV office.
- Make an appointment for visiting the DMV office.
- On the day of your appointment, visit the selected DMV office along with the required documents and prescribed fees applying for California CLD.
- Take a CLD Application form or DL 44C Application form from the DMV office.
- Fill the DL 44C application form; meet the authorized person to give your thumbprint and photo.
- Submit the completely filled DL 44C along with the required supporting documents.
- Pay the Prescribed for a 5 year valid California CLD.
- Appear for the Vision Test and pass it.
- Submit the Medical Examination report.
- Appear for the Knowledge Test and Pass it.
- If you pass all the tests, you will be issued CLP. Such issued CLP authorizes you to operate the commercial vehicle with a person who is holding a valid California Driver License.
Eligibility applying for California Learners Permit:
- Applicant must be a resident of California State.
- Applicant’s age must be 18 years or above.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years old to drive the commercial vehicles across State lines.
Requirements applying for California Drivers License:
- DL 44C Application Form.
- Social Security Number.
- True Full Name.
- A document which proves your Date of Birth and Legal presence in CA.
- Document proving your California residency.
DL 44C Application form:
DL 44C application form is used to apply for CLD in U.S. DL 44C cannot be downloaded and it is not available online. Therefore to get a DL 44C application form, visit the nearest DMV office.Sponsored Links
Social Security Number:
Social Security Number is used to establish the identity of the applicant.
Acceptable Social Security Number Documents:
- Social Security Number.
- Medicare Card.
- S Armed Forces Identity Cards:
- Active – DD 2.
- Retired – DD 2.
- Reserved – DD 2.
- Dependent – DD 173.
- Military Separation Document – DD 214.
True Full Name:
- True Full Name – The document which contains your First, Middle & Last name.
- Identity Document.
List of acceptable California residence proof documents:
- Deed/Title residential real property.
- Rental / lease agreement.
- Mortgage bill.
- Home utility bills.
- Medical Document.
- Employment Document.
- Insurance Document. Etc.
To obtain DL 44C application Form, call to this Automated Telephone Service: 1-800-777-0133.
California DMV Offices List – https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/fo/offices/toc_fo
Select your nearest DMV office for applying CA CLD – https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/fo/offices/toc_fo
List of Commercial Driving Test Offices – https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/fo/offices/toc_cdl
Check your nearest Commercial Driving Test Office – https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/fo/offices/toc_cdl
California Commercial Driving Test Offices list – https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/fo/offices/toc_cdl