How to Change Name on California Driver License?
The Government of California through DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) allows the existing Driver license holders to change their name on the CA driver license. The residents of CA who intend to change their name on the existing CA Driver License they can change by following this simple procedure.Sponsored Links
Name Change in CA Driver License Process:
- Visit the DMV official website.
- Select your nearest DMV office.
- Make an appointment for visiting DMV office.
- On the day of your appointment, visit the selected DMV office along with the required documents and prescribed fees applying for the Name change on your CA driver license.
- Take DL 44 Application form or DL 44 C Application form applying for the Name change on CA driver License.
- Fill the application form; submit the application form to the authorized person at the DMV office along with the document which proves your name change legally.
- After the successful submission of your application form, the authorized person will take your thumbprint and your photo.
- Pay the prescribed fees for changing your name on CA driver License.
- Noncommercial CA Driver license holders must take DL 44 application form to change their name on the driver license.
- Commercial Driver license holders should take DL 44C application form to change their name on the driver license.
To get DL 44 Application Form applying for the name change on Drivers License, call to this Automated Telephone Service: 1-800-777-0133.
To get DL 44C application Form, call to this Automated Telephone Service: 1-800-777-0133.
California DMV Offices List – https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/fo/offices/toc_fo
Know your nearest DMV office for applying CA Driver License – https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/fo/offices/toc_foSponsored Links